We are looking for an experienced, Performance Test Architect, that is passionate about testing large-scale, mission-critical software in a fast-paced agile environment. The ideal candidate will be partnered with talented full stack engineers that share our passion and great pride in the simple elegance and usability of our solution. Okta engineering strongly believes in automated testing, UX design and an iterative process to build high-quality next generation software.
Can you build out highly scaled test environments and find the hotspots in performance? If so, we need to talk to you!
The Performance Quality Engineering team is an elite team that operates fast, is innovative and flexible; with weekly sprints. They work on mission critical service infrastructure core components and develop automation around service availability, scalability and high through-put. They are key members of the system performance/core teams. Come be part of this amazing team!!
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand Okta backwards and forwards from core products to service infrastructure
- Must have experience with pseucode
- Master, improve and innovate upon our existing tools and processes for monitoring and measuring our application performance in production and pre-production environments
- Identify performance bottlenecks and create repeatable processes for benchmarking purposes
- Be a performance test advocate and advisor to the rest of the Engineering organization
- Work across teams to identify and build out test environments that reflect real world deployments
- Develop and execute system upgrade test plan for Okta’s infrastructure components
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 10+ years of QE experience preferably in an enterprise SaaS company
- 7+ years of performance testing/monitoring of web applications
- Experience in Java based automation development.
- Experience with REST based API’s
- Experience working with large data volumes
- Experience with Linux (RPM or Deb-Based Distributions)
- Solid understanding of diagnosing system utilization in a Linux based environment.
- Must have experience with some of the following technologies and services
- Cloud based Infrastructure as a Service (especially AWS)
- Container based service schedulers (e.g., Docker, ECS, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Configuration management systems (Chef/Puppet)
- Log management tools (Splunk/Sumologic/Kibana)
- Monitoring systems (Nagios, Zabbix, Wavefront, AppDynamics, NewRelic)
Education and Training:
- Specialized training or equivalent working experience in: Software Development Lifecycle, Web Applications desired.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.