Okta Advanced Server Access (ASA) enables organizations to easily automate access control to modern cloud infrastructure. ASA integrates with existing operations tools such as Ansible and Terraform, enabling fast and easy adoption by operations teams, and exposes an easy-to-use API allowing customers to create powerful access control automations.
Now Okta is taking that a step further with the announcement of Okta Privileged Access, a new product which will bring Okta’s modern, identity-first approach Privileged Access Management.
We are looking for a Principal level TPM to join us and partner with Engineering and Product Management to supercharge the product development teams’ building and launching products in this key area. In this role you will own and drive strategic initiatives including digging in, and getting the job done, employing both a strategic and tactical approach.
A successful candidate will have strong TPM and Engineering process development and implementation experience for scalable products and be self-motivated with demonstrated commitment to take accountability for the success of large programs.
- Structure, kick-off, and run continuous and/or time-bound programs by clarifying priorities, enabling the execution of deliverables, defining program process flows, and providing continuous transparency
- Experience navigating interdependencies affecting M&A activities or similarly complex projects
- Manage various initiatives across multiple teams; taking a hands-on and proactive approach to unblock progress, introduce efficiencies, and provide workflow solutions
- Facilitate communication, collaboration, and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities
- Champion the adoption of agile best practices and provide guidance to Scrum Masters
- Build and maintain alignment across multiple teams to keep a focus on execution, continuous improvement, and operational excellence.
- Lead the introduction of new processes/workflows by bringing proposed solutions to the teams and rolling them out in an iterative manner
- Anticipate and mitigate risks, applying past experience, and keeping in mind the big picture
- Strong technical aptitude/affinity; experience working directly with software, test, and/or system engineers
- Kicking off and managing complex engineering integration and cross-organizational programs and scalable products, working hand-in-hand with Engineers to deliver
- Experience partnering with Product Management and Engineering teams together to deliver customer-facing features
- Hands-on Scrum Master experience
- Experience effectively communicating and presenting to teams across different locations and ranging from individual team members to C-level executives.
- Able to independently influence and resolve conflicts with others
- Able to work well in an ambiguous and constantly changing, fast-paced environment
- Comfortable working on multiple programs at once
Education and Training:
* Bachelor’s degree
* Training in Agile and Scrum
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.