We are looking for an experienced full stack software engineer who is passionate about building large-scale, mission-critical software in a fast-paced agile environment. The End User Experience team is responsible for managing the end user dashboard which is the most visible area of Okta after users are authenticated. The team is building a product that is globalization ready, accessible, and mobile friendly. The ideal candidate will share our passion and great pride in the simple elegance and usability of our solution and will join an engineering team that strongly believes in UX design, automated testing, and an iterative process to build high quality next generation enterprise software.
- Analyze/Refine Requirements with Product Management for end user web interfaces and functionalities.
- Work with user experience designers and system architects to scope and plan engineering efforts and dependencies.
- Develop reusable components to enable other teams to easily implement UIs with rich and consistent look and feel.
- Create a rapid prototype to validate ideas
- Develop unit and functional tests.
- Troubleshoot customer issues.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- At least 7 years work experience with Java or other object-oriented language and backend frameworks
- Working experience with HTML and CSS including how to work around browser quirks
- Experience in RESTful API design
- Good grasp of software engineering designs, principles, and practices
- Typescript a plus
- Prior experience in authentication, identity, single sign-on, security a plus
- Familiarity with Micro-service architecture development and management a plus
- Experience with AWS/Cloud data services a plus
Education and Training:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.