Okta is an integrated identity and mobility management service. Built from the ground up in the cloud, Okta securely and simply connects people to their applications from any device, anywhere, at anytime. Okta integrates with existing directories and identity systems, as well as thousands of on-premises, cloud and mobile applications, and runs on a secure, reliable and extensively audited cloud-based platform.
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to join our fast-growing team to build cutting-edge Zero Trust and Adaptive Authentication services. The ideal candidate is passionate about authentication, security, has experience building large scale enterprise software, and has direct experience in authentication, identity, security, or in building complex rule-based systems for authorization.
- Design and implement highly scalable authentication framework and services
- Test-driven development, design and code review
- Work with engineering management to scope and plan engineering efforts
- Analyze/Refine Requirements with Product Management
What you will bring to this role
- 7+ years of strong software development experience (Java, RESTful API Design, Spring Framework)
- Expertise in creating or extending complex rule systems – Experience working on a rules engine is a plus
- Solid grasp of software engineering principles – separation of concerns, Inversion of control, GoF design patterns
- Experience with multi-factor authentication a plus
Education and Training:
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work