Okta is an integrated identity and mobility management service. Built from the ground up in the cloud, Okta securely and simply connects people to their applications from any device, anywhere, at anytime. Okta integrates with existing directories and identity systems, as well as thousands of on-premises, cloud and mobile applications, and runs on a secure, reliable and extensively audited cloud-based platform.
More than 6,500 customers, including Adobe, Allergan, Chiquita, LinkedIn, MGM Resorts International, Shire Pharmaceuticals and Western Union, use Okta to improve employee productivity, increase supply chain efficiency and revenue and improve compliance. The thousands of enterprises and cloud vendors, as well as the millions of people using Okta, are the foundation of the industry's fastest growing IT network for the cloud and mobile world. Okta is backed by premier venture capital firms Andreessen Horowitz, Greylock Partners, Khosla Ventures and Sequoia Capital. To learn more about Okta, visit: https://www.okta.com.
Okta Engineering is looking for a Lead Software Engineer to help us scale and increase velocity. You will be driving and perfecting our vision of Continuous Delivery, increasing the velocity and productivity of engineering. You will work with a wide range of stakeholders and partners, including Engineers, Architects, Operations, Program Management and Quality. We have a great team driving innovative projects- join us and bring your ideas!
The fun stuff you will work on:
- Build high quality tools and automation for internal use to support continuous delivery and developer productivity.
- Develop, create, and modify computer applications software for our identity management and mobility management platform.
- Collaborate with peers and stakeholders to design and implement new tools/practice/technology.
- Design and implement Continuous Delivery pipelines for a diverse set of projects using Java, Jenkins, AWS, Docker, Python, Ruby, Bash
- Provide technical input by implementing Proof of Concept, influence the choice of the right technology, contribute to existing frameworks, and reviewing design and code.
- Roll out deliverables to internal customers in phases, monitor adoption, collect feedback, and fine-tune the project to respond to internal customers’ needs.
- Support pre-production infrastructure in AWS--monitoring, backup and restore, SLA, cost control, deployment.
What you will bring to this role:
- Solid coding and scripting skills, Java & Python.
- Solid understanding of CI/CD release pipelines.
- Git, Maven, build automation tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- Experience with AWS, its services, and its supporting tools
- Solid experience with Docker
- Solid Experience in Kubernetes is a plus
Education and Training:
- B.S. in CS or equivalent
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work