We are looking for an experienced Principal Full Stack software engineer who is passionate about building large-scale, mission-critical software in a fast-paced agile environment. The End User Experience team is responsible for managing the end user dashboard which is the most visible area of Okta after users are authenticated. The team is building a product that is globalization ready, accessible, and mobile friendly. The ideal candidate will share our passion and great pride in the simple elegance and usability of our solution and will join an engineering team that strongly believes in UX design, automated testing, and an iterative process to build high quality next generation enterprise software.
- Analyze/Refine Requirements with Product Management for end-user web interfaces and functionalities.
- Work with user experience designers and system architects to scope and plan engineering efforts and dependencies.
- Develop reusable components to enable other teams to easily implement UIs with rich and consistent look and feel.
- Create a rapid prototype to validate ideas
- Develop unit and functional tests.
- Troubleshoot customer issues.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- At least 7+ years work experience with Java or other object-oriented language and backend frameworks
- Working experience with HTML and CSS including how to work around browser quirks
- Experience in RESTful API design
- Good grasp of software engineering designs, principles, and practices
- Typescript a plus
- Prior experience in authentication, identity, single sign-on, security a plus
- Familiarity with Micro-service architecture development and management a plus
- Experience with AWS/Cloud data services a plus
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 7,000 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. More than 15,800 organizations, including JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, T-Mobile, Takeda, Teach for America, and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at https://www.okta.com/privacy/.
From a competitive salary and employee stock purchasing plan to professional development resources and flexible PTO, Okta offers everything you need to support your work, your life, and your work-life balance. Click here to learn more: https://rewards.okta.com/us
(Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $154,000.00/year + equity + benefits))