Okta is the leading independent provider of enterprise identity. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 7,950 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to join the Universal Directory (UD) engineering team that maintains and builds common services for identity management, onboarding and syncing users, groups, memberships and entitlements. These features allow customers the flexibility to link or enhance their business processes with Okta’s identity management product. We are looking for smart, innovative and passionate engineers to join the team and help craft the future of Identity Management in the era of cloud.
You will share our passion and great pride in elegant solutions and will join an engineering team that strongly believes in designing for scale, rigorous code reviews, automated testing, and an iterative process to build high-quality next generation enterprise software.
Job Duties And Responsibilities
- Work with senior engineering team in major development projects, design and implementation
- Be a key contributor in the implementation of the identity infrastructure
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to more junior engineers
- Lead and conduct design and code reviews
. Participate and drive all stages of the SDLC lifecycles of software development
. Interface with QA, Product Management, Technical Support, Documentation and UX teams
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- 8+ years software development experience in an object-oriented language
- Experience with Java, C#, or C++
- Experience building fast, reliable applications at an enterprise scale
- Excellent grasp of software engineering principles
- Deep understanding of infrastructure level technologies: caching, stream processing, resilient architectures
- Experience working with relational databases, ideally MySQL
- Exposure to big data streaming processing frameworks
- Exposure to micro service architecture
- Exposure to Graph DB
- Experience with Spring and Hibernate
- Experience with high performance MySQL environments
- Experience with modern Devops processes including infrastructure-as-code, container orchestration and safe rollout techniques (like canary deployments, feature flags, blue-green architectures etc).
Nice to Haves:
- Expertise in standard authentication and authorization protocols such as SCIM, SAML, OAuth, OIDC .
Education and Training:
- B.S. Computer Science or related field
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum salary of $178,000/year + bonus, commission, or variable comp (depending on role) + equity + benefits))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.