The Principal Technical Program Manager, Security & Infrastructure owns and drives strategic cross-functional initiatives, serving as the point person for clarifying strategic level goals, overseeing execution plans to achieve them, and ensuring alignment and transparency with stakeholders and contributors.
In this role you will own, drive, and oversee security initiatives within the Engineering organization, partnering with key stakeholders in Security, Compliance, and Product Management. You will be a leader within the Engineering Infrastructure & Security TPM team, focused on efforts to continually advance Okta’s product security. Employing both a strategic and tactical approach is a requirement in this role. You will not only have strong Engineering TPM experience, but also experience implementing security and compliance initiatives within Engineering and Infrastructure in a SaaS and agile environment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Structure, kick-off, and run a portfolio security & compliance initiatives within the Engineering organization by clarifying strategic goals, aligning on priorities, enabling and ensuring the execution of deliverables, defining program process flows, and providing continuous transparency.
- Build and maintain alignment across Security and Engineering for keeping a focus on priorities, execution, continuous improvement, and operational excellence.
- Project manage security initiatives within and beyond Engineering, across multiple teams; taking a hands-on and proactive approach to unblock progress, introduce efficiencies, and provide workflow solutions.
- Lead the introduction of new processes / workflows in support of our security initiatives, by bringing proposed solutions to the teams and rolling them out in an iterative manner.
- Anticipate and mitigate risks - by having close involvement with teams’ goals and challenges, applying past experience, and keeping in mind the big picture.
- Provide clear and crisp transparency to the status and progress of security initiatives.
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum 5 years of Engineering technical program management experience in a product development environment – kicking off and managing cross-organizational programs
- Minimum 3 years of security related technical project management experience in a SaaS product development environment – working hand-in-hand with Engineers to deliver security and compliance efforts
- Excellent verbal and written communication; experience effectively communicating and presenting to teams located across different locations and people ranging from individual team members to C-level executives.
- Strong leadership skills; able to successfully influence without authority
- Strong technical aptitude/affinity; experience working directly with software, test and/or system engineers
- Self-starter; able to work well in an ambiguous and constantly changing, fast paced environment
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.