Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
We are seeking an experienced technical writer with a passion for creating and delivering customer-centered technical content. We’re looking for a collaborative, creative team member who understands how to write content that is clear, concise, and relevant.
In this role, you will work closely with a global network of engineers, product managers, and customer success professionals to understand real-world use cases for identity and access management. You will create practical technical content that guides Okta customers to adopt and deploy our solutions successfully.
If you have a passion for learning new technologies and want to help us drive adoption of our platform, this is the place for you!
- Own the documentation of one or more documentation sets (major features or individual products), effectively direct the work of writers and other contributors on those doc sets, and ensure that your own content fits smoothly into the entire Okta documentation catalog.
- Contribute as a lead team member and provide direction and mentoring to other writers.
- Lead the development of high quality documentation while generating technical leverage and influencing the direction of the content architecture and feature design.
- Translate high level requirements from product management or engineering into content requirements and architecture.
- Work closely with Engineering, Product Management, QA, Support, and members of the Information Development team to ensure quality and accuracy of content.
- Understand the team’s documentation process and ensure the definition of done is reached before publishing any content.
- Analyze customer feedback before and after delivering documentation to enhance content depth, quality, and relevance.
- Drive team initiatives to enhance documentation standards, content architecture, website presentation, and processes.
Minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities
- 7+ years relevant experience writing technical documentation for Cloud or Enterprise products.
- Bachelor degree or certificate in Technical Writing is preferred.
- Strong individual contributor showing ownership traits through leading by example.
- Experience leading large projects from start to finish that involve multiple writers.
- Proven record of writing accurate, clear, and concise documentation for a global audience.
- Knowledge of Okta or similar identity and access management solutions.
- Strong ability to understand the application of security products in the real world and produce use case-based content.
- Experience using Madcap Flare or similar authoring tools.
- Experience using source control tools, such as GitHub.
- Familiarity with localization and translation best practices.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.