Okta is an integrated identity and mobility management service. Built from the ground up in the cloud, Okta securely and simply connects people to their applications from any device, anywhere, at anytime. Okta integrates with existing directories and identity systems, as well as thousands of on-premises, cloud and mobile applications, and runs on a secure, reliable and extensively audited cloud-based platform.
More than 2,000 customers, including Adobe, Allergan, Chiquita, LinkedIn, MGM Resorts International, Shire Pharmaceuticals and Western Union, use Okta to improve employee productivity, increase supply chain efficiency and revenue and improve compliance. The thousands of enterprises and cloud vendors, as well as the millions of people using Okta, are the foundation of the industry's fastest growing IT network for the cloud and mobile world. Okta is backed by premier venture capital firms Andreessen Horowitz, Greylock Partners, Khosla Ventures and Sequoia Capital. To learn more about Okta, visit: https://www.okta.com.
This position works as a Quality Engineer partnered with Technical Operations. It is a key role in the Quality organization and is instrumental in delivering Okta’s peerless uptime and service reliability. This position will drive testing for various areas within Technical Operations such as site reliability testing and analysis, validation of planned infrastructure changes and end to end testing of new components and technology.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Major areas of responsibility include:
- Review requirements and design relative test plans and test cases
- Develop automation plans and write test code to execute the plan
- Work with engineering management to scope and plan engineering efforts
- Participate in the design and implementation of reliable cloud components
- Interface with Development, Architects and Technical Operations
- Clearly communicate and document QE plans for scrum teams to review and comment
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 3+ years of QE experience preferably in an enterprise SaaS company
- Administration of complex custom applications on UNIX/Linux and Enterprise Java Platforms
- Experience in testing monitoring of distributed, highly available cloud services
- Experience in Java, Ruby and scripting based test methodologies and automation development.
- Experience with Cloud Security, Network Security and Routing is a plus
- Experience with some of the following technologies and services: Linux (RPM or Deb-based distributions), Cloud based Infrastructure as a Service (especially AWS), MySQL, Ansible, Configuration management systems (Chef/Puppet), Log management tools (Splunk/Sumologic/Kibana), Monitoring systems (Nagios, Zabbix, Wavefront, AppDynamics, NewRelic)
Education and Training:
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or related field
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 7,400 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.