Title of Job: Quality Engineer Intern (Core Identity or Identity Ecosystem)
Role Location: San Jose or San Francisco, CA
Position Description: We are looking for University students in undergraduate or graduate programs who are enthusiastic about a 2019 summer internship as a software quality engineer. We are passionate about building large-scale, mission-critical software in a fast-paced agile environment, and building software to achieve our quality goals at scale. The ideal candidate will share our passion and pride in the simple elegance and usability of our solution and will join an engineering team that strongly believes in automated testing, UX design and an iterative process to build high-quality next generation enterprise software.
We are looking for a dynamic and collaborative student to intern with our Core Identity or Identity Ecosystem teams. This is a great opportunity for us to share how to deliver an enterprise class SaaS based solution that’s used by thousands of companies and millions of users.
Our elite team is honest, innovative and flexible; with a weekly release cycle and high standards, we expect great things from all of our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects, emerging technologies and the chance to have significant impact in a company that is changing the cloud computing landscape forever.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate together with the developers and documentation writers in weekly, agile based team activities like sprint and project planning
- Work closely with a senior member of the team to develop test software to execute automated test cases
- Validate and monitor production and preproduction systems while changes by the Core Identity or Identity Ecosystem teams are being deployed or delivered
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Interest in software development and testing that supports building high quality, reliable, mission-critical software
- Technical knowledge in some or all of the following:
o REST/SOAP APIs
o Security concepts
o SQL databases
- Nice to have: Integration experience, previous experience with Selenium or other tools
Education and Training: (In progress) Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Management Information Systems
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work