Title of Job: Quality Engineer Intern (Technical Operations)
Role Location: San Francisco, CA
Reports to: Sr. Director of Quality
Position Description: We are looking for University students who are interested in a 2017 Summer Internship and that are passionate about building large-scale, mission-critical software in a fast-paced agile environment. The ideal candidate will share our passion and pride in the simple elegance and usability of our solution and will join an engineering team that strongly believes in automated testing, UX design and an iterative process to build high-quality next generation enterprise software.
We are looking for a dynamic and collaborative quality engineering intern to partner with our Technical Operations team to maintain 100% uptime of our service. It’s a great opportunity to learn how to deliver an enterprise class SaaS based solution that’s used by thousands of companies and millions of users.
Our elite team is fast, innovative and flexible; with a weekly release cycle and individual ownership we expect great things from all of our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects, emerging technologies and the chance to have significant impact in a company that is changing the cloud computing landscape forever. We have offices in San Francisco's SoMa district, within walking distance from both BART and CalTrain.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in weekly, agile based team activities like sprint and project planning
- Work closely with a senior member of the team to develop and execute test plans
- Develop test cases and relative test scripts and/or automation
- Validate and monitor changes to the system executed by Technical Operations
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Interest in software development and/or technical operations experience building highly-reliable, mission-critical software
- Knowledge in some of all of the following:
- TCP/IP, HTTP
- Security concepts
- SQL databases
- Experience in at least one scripting/interpreted language (bash, Perl, Ruby, Python)
- Nice to have: lab or system administration, previous experience in software testing, Java development
Education and Training: (In progress) B.S, M.S. in Computer Science or Management Information Systems
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.