This position works as a Quality Engineer partnered with Technical Operations. It is a key role in the Quality organization and is instrumental in delivering Okta’s peerless uptime and service reliability. This position will drive testing for various areas within Technical Operations such as site reliability testing and analysis, validation of planned infrastructure changes and end to end testing of new components and technology.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
● Review requirements and design relative test plans and test cases
● Develop automation plans and write test code to execute the plan
● Work with engineering management to scope and plan engineering efforts
● Participate in the design and implementation of reliable cloud components
● Interface with Development, Architects and Technical Operations
● Clearly, communicate and document QE plans for scrum teams to review and comment
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
● Prior Senior level QE experience preferably in an enterprise SaaS company
● Administration of complex custom applications on UNIX/Linux and Enterprise Java Platforms
● Experience in testing monitoring of distributed, highly available cloud services
● Experience in Java, Ruby, and scripting based test methodologies and automation development.
● Experience with some of the following technologies and services:
○ Linux (RPM or Deb-based distributions)
○ Cloud-based Infrastructure as a Service (especially AWS)
○ Configuration management systems (Chef/Puppet)
○ Log management tools (Splunk/Sumologic/Kibana)
○ Monitoring systems (Nagios, Zabbix, Wavefront, AppDynamics, NewRelic)
Education and Training:
B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or related field
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.