Role Location: San Jose, CA
Okta is the leading independent identity provider. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With more than 7,000 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta provides simple and secure access to people and organizations everywhere, giving them the confidence to reach their full potential.
We're an identity company. Identity matters because we’re all unique. We have unique backgrounds and we’ve faced specific challenges and we've learned a lot along the way. At Okta we believe those experiences equip us to look at the world with our own perspective. Our product protects your right to be you, and we want every single one of our employees to feel a sense of belonging, acceptance, and comfort to express their ideas, because ultimately our differences are what makes us great.
About our Internship:
We are looking for University students pursuing an analytics or related degree who are interested in a 2022 Summer Internship and that are passionate about identifying and developing metrics and dashboards which will be used by Engineering Services, Quality, and Release teams. The metrics and dashboards will be used to support and identify trends in our CI/CD pipeline, Cost Monitoring, Regression Analysis and other use cases. Ideal candidates for our program will share our passion and pride in the simple elegance and usability of our solution. Our interns will join an Engineering Quality Operations team that strongly believes in empowering with data, running cross-functional programs, and driving metric based outcomes.
Okta values you as an individual. We are committed to career progression, employee wellbeing, and making a positive impact in our local communities. As an Okta Intern, we offer a competitive salary, great benefits, and an amazing team culture. We also offer high priority projects, great mentors, hackathons and Lunch-n-Learns with Okta leaders. Read what former interns are saying about their experience as an Okta intern: https://www.okta.com/company/careers/intern-program/
As an Okta Intern you will:
- Perform analysis on data related to Okta’s Quality, Release and Engineering-Services systems
- Develop, support and maintain Tabelau Dashboards
- Develop and maintain SQL queries
- Develop performance metrics and dashboards to quantify quality and developer experience.
- Own and work through the life cycle of analytical projects.
- Collaborate with engineers across Engineering Services, Quality and Release teams to ensure that critical and time-sensitive projects are managed smoothly, and driven to completion.
- Design, build and own operational workflows for Quality Engineering teams across Okta.
You could be a great fit for this role if you have:
- Experience with SQL and database systems
- Ability to code in Python
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent project management skills, with an ability to optimize processes and balance many competing priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to develop a deep understanding of Okta’s products and tooling, and use written/verbal communication skills to explain complex technical concepts to users of all technical abilities.
- Past summer internship or full-time work experience, ideally in enterprise software companies
An in progress BS, or MS in Management Information Systems / Software Engineering / Data Analytics or related field with plans to graduate in December 2022 or May/June 2023.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.