Title of Job: Release Management Intern
Role Location: San Francisco or San Jose, CA
Reports to: Sr. Director of Quality
Position Description: We are looking for University students who are interested in a 2017 Summer Internship and that are passionate about building large-scale, mission-critical software in a fast-paced agile environment. The ideal candidate will share our passion and pride in the simple elegance and usability of our solution and will join an engineering team that strongly believes in high quality software releases through automated testing, UX design and iterative processes.
We are looking for a dynamic and collaborative release management intern to partner with several teams that make up our ‘Release Team’ which updates and maintains 100% uptime of our service. It’s a great opportunity to learn how to manage and release software to an enterprise class SaaS based solution that’s used by thousands of companies and millions of users.
Our elite team is fast, innovative and flexible; with a weekly release cycle and individual ownership we expect great things from everyone on the team and reward with stimulating new projects, emerging technologies and the chance to have significant impact in a company that is changing the cloud computing landscape forever. This opportunity is located in San Francisco's SoMa district or San Jose and within walking distance from both BART and CalTrain.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work across teams in engineering to deliver high quality, frequent software updates to Okta’s service
- Participate in agile based team activities like sprint and project planning
- Work closely with a senior member of the team to develop and maintain release based processes
- Manage software release processes for micro-services
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Interest in technical project and program management that supports building a highly reliable, mission-critical software service
- Sufficient level of technical aptitude to effectively communicate with engineers and draw attention to technical risks or challenges
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Above average ability to multi-task and multiple threads in progress simultaneously
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Maintain a disciplined approach to communication even in urgent situations
Education and Training: (In progress) B.S, M.S. in Management Information Systems or Computer Science preferred
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.