Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs.
Lead the security products team in building a large-scale, mission-critical, and intuitive platform for Risk based Authentications. As a Senior Software Engineering Manager, you are passionate about security and delivering security products and solutions. You have experience developing enterprise-grade software in an object-oriented language, experience or knowledge in security, authentication, or Identity, and as a plus, have experience in building data models or machine learning. You will bring out the best in each engineer, hire and develop talent, while ensuring the highest quality of software.
- Analyze/Refine Requirements with Product Management and Product Owners
- Work with engineering management to scope and plan engineering efforts and dependencies
- Provide technical guidance to ensure alignment with Engineering architectural vision and best practices
- Identify/Define/Refine Engineering processes to streamline product delivery and ensure quality
- Facilitate Agile project planning and execution of your teams and across other teams to ensure prompt delivery
- Lead, recruit, and mentor software engineers
- We have development offices in San Francisco, San Jose, and Toronto and you will be managing teams spread across these locations
- Interface with QA, Product Management, Technical Support, Documentation and Technical Operations
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 5+ years of experience managing software development engineering teams
- 5+ years of building high performing and scalable enterprise software
- Experience in RESTful API design
- Prior experience in authentication, identity, single sign-on, or security
- Experience in Data Science and Machine Learning a big plus
- AWS/Cloud data services a plus
Education and Training:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 8,400 organizations, including JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.
Identity is at the core of everything we do. And to us at Okta, that doesn’t just mean securing the identities of our customers, but also celebrating the identities of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our vision is to nurture a culture of inclusion and belonging while we create balanced teams to fuel innovation and collective growth.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.