Okta is the leading independent provider of enterprise identity. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 7,950 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers
The vision is to make Okta the de facto provider of the cloud identity and access management, and help customers migrate to cloud based identity and access management solutions.
Our elite team is fast, innovative and flexible, with a weekly, agile release cycle. They are eager to grow and to create an impact on the world around us. They are open minded, constantly propose stimulating new projects and explore/adopt emerging technologies.
We are looking for an experienced engineering manager to work on Universal Directory, Okta’s identity and access management platform with focus on identity store infrastructure and scalability. We focus on managing the user, group and memberships. You will own a global cloud service, with stringent performance, reliability and scalability requirements. You will lead a team of elite engineers, grow the team, and drive impact and customer satisfaction. You will drive engineering best practices, productivity enhancement, and make our elite engineering team shine. You also share great pride in elegant solutions and strongly believe in designing for scale, rigorous code reviews, automated testing, and an iterative process to build high-quality next generation cloud software.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishing clear priorities, expectations, and accountability for individuals and team
- Collaborate with product management to help define and refine product roadmap
- Driving the execution and delivery of product features with high quality, collaborating with cross-functional teams, System Architects, QA, and Documentation teams
- Handling support tickets, infrastructure issues and prioritizing bug fixes & enhancement work
- Fostering collaborative, engaging and inclusive team environments
- Maintaining and improving our culture by sourcing and hiring the most qualified individuals with an eye towards diversity & inclusion
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 5+ years of hands-on technical management experience and knowledge of Identity and Access Management
- Experience working with product & program managers to align on objectives, priorities, trade-offs and risk.
- Experience in handling support tickets, bug fixes & enhancement work in a large enterprise application
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills for technical discussions.
- Ability to work effectively with distributed teams and people of various backgrounds
- Lead, recruit, mentor and retain engineers
Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s Degree majoring in computer science or equivalent
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
(Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum salary of $154,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits)
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.