The Developer Platform team is responsible for providing tools and features that enable developers to be successful with the Okta product. Every developer knows that 3rd party tools and SaaS services are great, but you need to integrate them easily, get to production quickly, and customize them to meet the strict experience requirements of the applications and services that you are building. The Developer Platform team makes this possible by building features into the Okta platform that facilitate the customization and integration of the vast array of applications and use cases that our customers bring to our platform a daily basis.
Application developers expect a streamlined UI that allows them to go from proof-of-concept to production ready with minimal effort, and the goal of this team is to enable developers to be self sufficient with all aspects of the Okta platform. This role is responsible for building features and components in the Okta Admin Console that help developers configure the Okta platform as the identity layer for their applications. In addition to the Admin Console, a UI engineer on this team may also contribute to other touch points with the developer community such as the Okta Sign-in Widget, the Okta Developer site, and shared Okta front-end technologies.
- Analyze/refine requirements with UX, UI teams for common reusable components, patterns and styles that need to be developed in the framework
- Develop reusable components to enable other teams to easily implement UIs with rich and consistent look and feel
- Work with management and architects to scope and plan engineering efforts and dependencies
- Participate in code reviews, retros, and other continuous improvement activities
- Participate in the UI guild, drive improvements in the common UI framework and knock down technical debt
- Experience shipping user interfaces for production-grade applications in an agile, product oriented environment
- Strong experience with cross browser compatibility and optimization techniques
- Strong understanding of debugging scalable, high performance web applications built with reusability and "componentization" in mind
- Understanding of web security attacks and prevention
- Prior experience with consuming and/or designing REST APIs
- Knowledge of Identity and Access Management protocols and technologies: OAuth, OpenID Connect, SAML, Federation, SSO, etc.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, or relevant industry experience