About Okta's Delegated and Distributed Admin Team
We are currently working on developing the IAM framework for all of Okta. This framework will be used to enable our custom admin roles platform. Our future roadmap includes the development of a framework to allow our Enterprise customers to push user groups, app config and policies to their various orgs. In short, we have highly visible and challenging features on our roadmap and we are looking for someone who is excited by this opportunity.
Check out this blog post to learn more: https://www.okta.com/blog/2021/08/four-benefits-of-oktas-new-custom-admin-roles/
Okta is an enterprise grade identity management service, built from the ground up in the cloud and delivered with an unwavering focus on customer success. With Okta, our customers IT can manage access across any application, person or device. Whether the people are employees, partners or customers or the applications are in the cloud, on premises or on a mobile device, Okta helps IT become more secure, make people more productive, and maintain compliance.
Okta provides directory services, single sign-on, strong authentication, provisioning, workflow, and built in reporting. It runs in the cloud on a secure, reliable, extensively audited platform and integrates deeply with on premises applications, directories, and identity management systems.
Okta is seeking a Fullstack Senior or Staff Software Engineer to join the team that creates Okta’s Delegated and Distributed Admin products.
The ideal candidate will share our passion and great pride in elegant solutions and will join an engineering team that strongly believes in designing for scale, rigorous code reviews, automated testing, and an iterative process to build high-quality next generation enterprise software.
Our elite team is fast, innovative and flexible; with a weekly, agile release cycle and individual ownership. We expect great things from our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects, emerging technologies and the chance to be part of a company that is about to change the cloud computing landscape forever.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Own your work end to end - this includes going through a design review, delivering the code and finally, ensuring we have the requisite monitoring and alerting in place
- Implement code written structured for metrics monitoring and logging, perform peer reviews
- Develop solutions that address our scalability challenges as our customer data set continues to grow
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities:
- 3-7+ years of software development experience building highly-reliable, mission-critical software
- Experience working with a system of scale
- Strong engineering fundamentals. You know your data structures, algorithms, OOP, SQL.
- Strong understanding of server side technologies: caching and asynchronous processing
- Prior experience working on UI technologies (e.g. React, Backbone) highly desirable
- Prior experience designing highly-available RESTful APIs desirable
An overview of Okta's tech stack:
- We use open source frameworks such as React, Hibernate and Spring Boot
- We run on best of breed infrastructure including MySQL, GitHub, Redis, Kinesis and Elasticsearch
- We make extensive use of virtualization and containers: AWS, Vagrant, Docker
- Our weekly production releases are made possible by Continuous Integration and sophisticated build, test and release automation leveraging Maven, npm, Artifactory, Chef, Ansible and the like
- We participate in the OpenSource community with the likes of https://github.com/okta/okta-auth-js
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.