At Okta, we’re always innovating across the entire identity landscape, and our customers are always asking to do more with us. As the pace of change in the cloud continues at a rapid pace, the ability to move fast is a competitive advantage. To fund this continuous innovation, Okta has created an incubation program, building and nurturing new products and businesses internally. These projects are given the freedom to build independently like a startup, with the backing support of the Okta organization – the best of both worlds.
The inaugural incubation project, still in stealth mode, is focused on making cloud infrastructure security simple and accessible for everyone who interfaces with it. With such a grand vision, we’re looking to assemble an amazing team of strategic go-getters with a relentless focus on execution. The Senior Product Designer will join the founding team to bring the project strategy to life with a differentiated product experience that helps practitioners with the hard parts of cloud identity & access management (IAM). This is a unique opportunity to get in at the ground level for a highly visible and expansive career opportunity, with an incredible support system in the Okta organization.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Product & Engineering to design simple and delightful user interfaces for new Okta products
- Perform market research to gain a deep understanding of the problem space.
- Interface directly with customers and prospects to gain a deep understanding of user goals and behaviors.
- Apply your solid understanding of usability heuristics to evaluate new and existing features, offering viable suggestions for improvements.
- Develop mockups and prototypes to effectively communicate interactions, implementation details, and user goals.
- Support Product & Engineering by providing all necessary visual assets and CSS attributes.
- Employ data and analytics to measure design outcomes.
- Embrace candid feedback, prototyping, and early failure as design accelerators.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 4+ years of experience in UX / product design.
- BS in Human-Computer Interaction or related field or work experience as a designer.
- Proficient in Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and / or similar design tools.
- Can comfortably distill complex technical problems into clear, conceptual models and simple, elegant solutions.
- Great communicator, analytical thinker, at ease with technical subject matter, and preferably has a good sense of humor.
- Can provide a digital portfolio that showcases solid skills across a variety of projects, including work that has been seen and used successfully in actual product. (Portfolio link required when applying.)
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.