At Okta, we’re always innovating across the entire identity landscape, and our customers are always asking to do more with us. As the pace of change in the cloud continues at a rapid pace, the ability to move fast is a competitive advantage. To fund this continuous innovation, Okta has created an incubation program, building and nurturing new products and businesses internally. These projects are given the freedom to build independently like a startup, with the backing support of the Okta organization – the best of both worlds.
The inaugural incubation project, still in stealth mode, is focused on making cloud infrastructure security simple and accessible for everyone who interfaces with it. With such a grand vision, we’re looking to assemble an amazing team of strategic go-getters with a relentless focus on execution. The Senior Product Manager will join the founding team as the first PM to bring the project strategy to life with a differentiated product that helps practitioners with the hard parts of cloud identity & access management (IAM). This is a unique opportunity to get in at the ground level for a highly visible and expansive career opportunity, with an incredible support system in the Okta organization.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Think strategically about the broad problems, industry trends, and competitive landscape to formulate systematic and focused solutions that can be built and delivered.
- Engage with our audience of prospective customers to understand their ongoing roles & responsibilities, identifying key areas of impact.
- Establish the product roadmap in collaboration with the founding team, and own the product goals of delivery and measurability
- Write high quality product requirements that engineering and design teams can effectively execute on
- Lead scrum teams and processes to deliver on schedule, driving requirements and timelines for engineering and design teams
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 4+ years of Product Management experience working with or building SaaS and/or consumer-facing products
- You put the needs of customers above all else and walk back from their problems all the way to creating detailed product requirements and bringing solutions to market
- You are willing to get hands-on with engineering and design teams to craft solutions that require your input on technical challenges
- You maintain a track record of creating roadmaps consisting deliverables spanning multiple parts of an organization
- Ability to prepare demos and public presentations
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Knowledge or experience working with Identity and Access Management (IAM) products
- Experience working in the Infrastructure as a Service(IaaS) or DevOps landscape
- Experience working with developers
- Experience working with Enterprise SaaS customers
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.