Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box, we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
As a Senior SRE Engineer, you will champion all things pertaining to reliability at Auth0. Working closely with the product engineers, quality engineers, platform engineers and architecture teams, your primary focus will be on ensuring production systems remain operational at all times, while continually setting and achieving long-term performance, reliability and scalability goals in a platform with an exponential growth plan for the coming years.
With Auth0’s increased dedication to ensuring customer availability expectations are exceeded in every way, you will play a key role as we evolve our system architecture to meet the demands of enormous growth and support the hundreds of millions of users who rely on us to provide uninterrupted access to business-critical enterprise and consumer applications.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive
- Understanding of microservices, cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, GCP), databases (SQL, No-SQL, Key/Value), containers (docker, kubernetes), web technologies (web sockets, http) and networking (SSL, routing, VPN)
- Live and breathe SLIs, SLOs, error budgets and SLAs
- Strong belief in automating everything and reducing toil for yourself and teammates
- Fast learner who is not afraid to tackle multiple challenges at once
- Comfortable with the Agile software development methodology
- Loves to work as a team, but is able to work effectively in a remote environment where tasks may be self-driven
- Exceptional communication skills, including technical writing in English
- Working with the other teams to run, own and improve incident response processes
- Participate in regular on-call rotations to ensure 24/7 coverage of all critical systems
- Use existing monitoring tools to identify problems and resolve and/or escalate to service teams
- Implement changes to enable or improve infrastructure resilience, monitoring, and alerting
- 5+ years as a Site Reliability Engineer or in a Cloud Operations/DevOps role
- 1+ years using golang, shell scripting and terraform
- 2+ years as software developer in a SaaS environment
- 3+ years in a production environment supporting large-scale, mission-critical applications
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.