At Okta our motto is "Always On", and nowhere do we embrace that more than in Technical Operations. We strive to build the most reliable and performant systems on the planet through the skillful use of automation.
If you like to be challenged and have a passion for solving problems at scale with automation, testing and tuning then we would love to hear from you.
For this role we are also looking for someone to begin their SRE career at Okta working on automation in the area of cloud-resource tracking tagging and optimization.
The ideal candidate is someone who exemplifies the ethics of, “If you have to do something more than once, automate it,” and who can rapidly self-educate on new concepts and tools.
You will work on:
- Identifying and automating manual processes
- Designing, building and deploying Okta's production infrastructure with an initial focus on cloud-resource tracking and monitoring
- Promoting and applying best practices for building scalable and reliable services across engineering
- Developing and maintaining technical documentation, runbooks and procedures
- The role may grow towards a full SRE role in future, supporting a 24x7 online environment as part of an on-call rotation
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- Have experience automating and deploying large scale production services in AWS (EC2, ECS, Lambda, IAM, KMS, Kinesis, RDS)
- Experience with IaC such as Terraform
- Experience with creating webapp frontends in Angular/React/other similar frameworks.
- Experience with AWS ETL pipelines and AWS Athena.
- Prefer scripting for operational tooling in Bash, Ruby, Python, Go or similar, experience scripting to Cloud-APIs such as GCP SDK or AWS CLI / API Gateway
- Expertise in tracking & monitoring of Cloud resources including resource tagging, logging and reporting
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Splunk, Wavefront or ELK
- Experience with BI/analytics reporting tools such as Tableau/AWS Quicksights would be a plus
- Have strong Linux and networking fundamentals.
Education and Training:
- B.S. Computer Science (plus) or relevant experience, 4-6 years
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.