We are looking for an experienced software engineer to join the team that defines Okta’s Feature Lifecycle and Administrator Experience. Your work will be front and center to thousands of Okta customer administrators that drive Okta functionality for millions of end users.
The ideal candidate will share our passion and great pride in elegant solutions and will join an engineering team that strongly believes in designing for scale, rigorous code reviews, automated testing, and an iterative process to build high-quality next-generation enterprise software.
Our elite team is fast, innovative and flexible; with a weekly, agile release cycle and individual ownership. We expect great things from our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects, emerging technologies and the chance to be part of a company that is about to change the cloud computing landscape forever.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Implement code written structured for metrics monitoring and logging, perform peer reviews
• Deliver detailed designs for projects, and subsequently drive them to completion
• Work with engineering management to scope and plan engineering efforts and dependencies
• Interface with QA, Product Management, Technical Support, Documentation and UX
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities:
• 4+ years of software development experience building highly-reliable, mission-critical software
• Experience working with a system of scale
• Excellent grasp of software engineering principles
• Strong understanding of server-side technologies: caching, process and asynchronous processing
• Prior experience working on UI technologies (e.g. Backbone) highly desirable
• Prior experience with or understanding of REST (or designing APIs) highly desirable
Education and Training:
• Bachelors Degree majoring in computer science or equivalent work experience
An overview of our tech stack:
• We use open source frameworks such as Hibernate, Spring, and Backbone.js
• We run on best of breed infrastructure including MySQL, GitHub, Memcached, Redis, Kinesis and Elasticsearch
• We make extensive use of virtualization and containers: AWS, Vagrant, Docker
• Our weekly production releases are made possible by Continuous Integration and sophisticated build, test and release automation leveraging Maven, NPM, Artifactory, Chef, Ansible and the like
• We participate in the OpenSource community with the likes of https://github.com/okta/okta-auth-js
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.