We are looking for an experienced software engineer to join the Directories Integrations engineering team that builds common services for importing and syncing user, device, and entitlement data. These features allow customers the flexibility to link or enhance their business processes with Okta’s identity management product. We are looking for smart, innovative, and passionate engineers to join the team and help craft the future of Identity Management in the era of cloud.
You will be naturally curious, and share our passion and great pride in elegant solutions and will join an engineering team that strongly believes in designing for scale, rigorous code reviews, automated testing, and an iterative process to build high-quality next generation enterprise software.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with senior engineering team in major development projects, design and implementation
- Conduct code reviews, analysis and performance tuning
- Work with QA team to outline and implement comprehensive test coverage for broad features
- Interface with Architects, QA, Product Owners, Product Management, Technical Support, Documentation and UX teams, Engineering Services, Technical Operations
- Analyze/Refine Requirements with Product Management
- Work with engineering management to scope and plan engineering efforts
- Design and implement core, high-performance, scalable software components
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- 3+ years of software development experience building highly-reliable, mission- critical software
- Experience with object-oriented languages, e.g. Java and C#
- Experience with data stores, e.g. relational databases
- Experience with repositories
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Experience working with a system of scale
Nice to haves:
- Experience in TDD
- Knowledge of Identity and Access Management protocols and technologies: OAuth, OpenID Connect, SAML, etc
- Microsoft Azure management APIs, ADFS, Office 365 or Microsoft’s Directory Synchronization Tool
Education and Training:
- B.S. Computer Science or related field
(Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $135,000.00/year + equity + benefits
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.