We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer that is passionate about building large-scale, mission-critical software in a fast-paced agile environment. The ideal candidate will share our passion and great pride in the simplistic elegance and usability of our solution and will join an engineering team that strongly believes in building solutions to scale, automated testing and an iterative process to build high-quality next-generation enterprise software.
In this role, you will be helping to build the extensibility and cloud integration features to give our customer the flexibility to drive or integrate more of their business processes with Okta’s Identity management. Okta is the de-facto identity solution and this is an exciting space to give our customers more flexibility to fulfill extended use cases.
Our elite team is fast, innovative and flexible; with a weekly release cycle and individual ownership we expect great things from our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects, emerging technologies and the chance to have significant equity in a company that is about to change the cloud computing landscape forever.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with senior engineering team in major development projects, design and implementation
- Be a key contributor in implementation of a framework for extensibility
- Conduct code reviews, analysis, and performance tuning
- Have an opinion during design and code reviews
- Implement unit and functional tests
- Interface with Architects, QA, Product Owners, Engineering Services, Tech Ops
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 4+ years software development experience in an object-oriented language
- Experience building fast, reliable applications at an enterprise scale
- Excellent grasp of software engineering principles
- Deep understanding of infrastructure level technologies: caching, stream processing, resilient architectures
- Experience working with relational databases, ideally MySQL
- Expertise in Java
- Experience with Apache Storm
- Experience designing and building extensibility features such as webhooks and serverless extensibility
- Experience leveraging cloud computing services such as AWS (Lamda, Kinesis, EC2)
- Knowledge of network security, encryption, authentication, and authorization a plus
Education and Training:
- Bachelors Degree majoring in computer science
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.