We are looking for Software Engineers to join our group responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining services/frameworks that automate actions against production infrastructure. The team works on hardening existing infrastructure and services with strong focus on reliability, redundancy and high availability. As part of this team, you will also work on new efforts to keep Okta’s infrastructure practices at par with the best industry trends. You will also interface with teams involved with deployments, operations, product and data to address process bottlenecks with code and automate time consuming jobs. These services enable engineers across product and infrastructure engineering groups to safely, reliably and repeatably execute runbooks and other actions on test, preview and production environments. This group manages different pieces of production access automation as well as notifications and dashboards to provide visibility into engineer triggered actions across Okta infrastructure.
The ideal candidate is someone who is experienced building software systems to manage and deploy reliable and performant infrastructure and product code at scale on a cloud infrastructure. If you exemplify the ethos of, "If you have to do something more than once, automate it," we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Do:
- Design, build, maintain and deploy tools that allow Okta’s engineers to execute infrastructure production changes and deploy code
- Design and build microservices in Java, Python or Go with a focus on automation and reliability
- Work cross functionally with Operations and Product teams to identify bottlenecks and manual processes. Build solutions that provide scale and reliability to address these issues
- Leverage industry best practices in infrastructure, automation, orchestration to explore greenfield opportunities that will form the basis of future infrastructure improvements.
- Use security best practices in the development of microservices and tooling to reduce attack surface across the infrastructure stack
- Identify areas for automation that are self-serviceable to reduce manual onboarding
- Occasionally contribute to front end components of new or existing tooling, in an effort to continuously improve the UX of the same
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- 5+ years of Software Development in Java, Go, Python or similar backend languages
- 3+ years of development experience building services, internal tools and frameworks
- 2+ years experience automating and deploying large scale production services in AWS, GCP or similar
- Working knowledge of database technologies ( Mysql, MongoDB etc)
- Knowledge of infrastructure as code tools such as Terraform
- Proficient using Docker and supporting infrastructure and strong Linux and networking fundamentals
- Nice to have: Working knowledge of Kubernetes, ECS, Envoy
- Nice to have: Frontend experience ( React, Angular etc)
Education and Training:
- B.S. Computer Science (plus) or relevant experience
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.