Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box, we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
Okta’s mission is to enable organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies. With over 7000 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business.
The Okta Integration Network (OIN) Platform team’s mission is central to that of Okta by providing infrastructure and platform capabilities for the application and integration providers across a breadth of categories to integrate with Okta and for Okta customers to easily discover and configure these new software solutions and capabilities. We are constantly thinking about fostering network effects on the OIN platform by designing for reach and scale. Join us in building the next generation of OIN Platform, as we increase its footprint to even broader integration categories, in a supportive and collaborative atmosphere. The OIN Platform is used by millions of users in their critical daily SSO and Provisioning workflows and we are now expanding it to use it beyond these 2 critical workflows. We welcome personalities that are self-driven, think outside-the-box, take pride in shipping high quality software and most importantly kind.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze/refine requirements with product management and other stakeholders by asking the right questions and driving clarity.
- Work with team lead to scope and plan engineering efforts to ensure project and feature launch success.
- Design and implement high-performance distributed scalable and fault-tolerant software components.
- Have a high bar for test-driven development, design and code reviews while harboring a sense of urgency.
- Enjoy working across a cross-functional team consisting of QA, Product Management, Technical Support, Documentation and UX to create an extensible platform.
- Own features and/or systems and define their long-term health and observability and reliability metrics.
- Expectations of 5 days physically in office
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 5+ years of full stack software development experience building highly reliable, mission-critical software.
- Experience working with a cloud-native system of scale.
- Experience with server-side technologies including caching, asynchronous processing, and multi-threading
- Experience with Databases (e.g.: Oracle, MySQL)
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with Java, Spring, Hibernate.
- Expertise in standard authentication and authorization protocols such as SAML, SCIM, OAuth and OIDC .
- Experience with high performance MySQL environments
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.