About Okta Security Platforms team
Okta’s Security Platforms team builds platform services that keep our customers secure and protect them against attack and abuse. We are a team of Data Scientists, ML engineers, ML systems engineers and Java full stack developers that are reimagining what it means to authenticate to cloud resources.
Continuously evaluating risk is critical to gaining trust and achieving security objectives. At Okta, risk plays a critical role in authentication and authorization decisions. The Security Platform team is building a next-gen security and risk platform that continuously assesses the session, device and user security posture to build a risk graph.
Okta is an enterprise grade identity management service, built from the ground up in the cloud and delivered with an unwavering focus on customer success. With Okta you can manage access across any application, person, or device. Whether the people are employees, partners, or customers, or the applications are in the cloud, on premises, or on a mobile device, Okta helps you become more secure, make people more productive, and maintain compliance.
The Okta service provides directory services, single sign-on, strong authentication, provisioning, workflow, and built in reporting. It runs in the cloud on a secure, reliable, extensively audited platform and integrates deeply with on premises applications, directories, and identity management systems.
Okta is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join its Security Platform Engineering group. This is an opportunity to build cutting-edge risk-based authentication and authorization policies and contribute to the evolution of the core system that allows Okta to enforce them throughout various layers of the Okta platform. The ideal candidate has experience building large scale enterprise software, is passionate about stream processing for a massive volume of event data, and has direct experience in authentication, identity, feature engineering, or complex rule-based systems for authorization.
You will share our passion and great pride in elegant solutions and will join an engineering team that strongly believes in designing for scale, rigorous code reviews, automated testing, and an iterative process to build high-quality enterprise software.
Our team is fast, innovative and flexible; with a weekly, agile release cycle and individual ownership. Here is an opportunity to work on stimulating new projects, emerging technologies and the chance to work on complex security and data challenges.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the in-house team of Data Scientists and ML engineers on model design and efficacy analysis. Use iterative and incremental approaches to improve the security outcomes.
- Collaborate with QA, Product Management, Technical Support, Documentation, and TechOps team
- Ensure high programming standards by writing unit and functional tests
Required Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- 4+ years of strong software development experience in an object oriented language building highly-reliable, mission-critical software (Java preferred)
- Excellent grasp of software engineering principles
- Experience working with RDBMS and NoSQL databases, TSDB a plus
- Expertise in creating or extending rule systems
- Experience rolling out microservices at the enterprise scale.
Nice to Haves
- Experience with decoupling a monolithic application into microservice architecture
- Experience with stream processing (Storm, Flink) and data ingestion at scale
- Experience with machine learning / Python
- Experience with modern ML infrastructure (Kubeflow, Sagemaker)
- Experience in cloud security, identity and/or authentication protocols highly desired
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.