Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
The Device Access Group is a new engineering team with a vision to secure customers’ devices and build the most secure and delightful identity experience in the platform. Our mission is to protect customer physical assets by providing security assurances when users access their machines. We introduce and enhance an identity-centric approach for the entire device experience where a user goes through privilege escalation or logs in remotely.
The Windows Software Engineer Opportunity
We seek a passionate, experienced software development engineer to join our Windows team. The ideal candidate should have solid experience in Windows software development and be enthusiastic about writing Windows client software. This role gives the candidate a great opportunity to learn about interesting problems in security and identity space. It also has a lot of visibility within Okta and has great growth potential. This opportunity is for someone who enjoys a challenge and first of its kind innovation.
Join our team! We’re building innovative identity and security products from the ground up.
What you’ll be doing
- Interface with QA, Product Management, Technical Support, Documentation, and UX.
- Analyze/Refine Requirements with Product Management and Engineering for prototyping Windows client components.
- Create and review technical designs and proposals.
- Implement software components and unit/functional tests.
- Review software design and peers' code.
What you’ll bring to the role
- Experience working in an Agile software development team leveraging continuous integration and deployment practices.
- Hands-on experience in writing C++ or C# code.
- Experience with debugging tools on Windows platforms such as windbg
- 5 years of software development experience with at least two years of experience designing and building enterprise software on Windows.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
And extra credit if you have experience in any of the following!
- Experience with Windows interprocess communication (COM, Pipes, RPC, Windows Sockets, Credential Manager, Windows Login Service) and potentially kernel debugging.
- Understanding of Identity and Access Management protocols and architecture (FIDO, U2F, WebAuth, SSO, SAML, Kerberos, OAuth, Federation, etc.).
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.