We are looking for an experienced Tools Engineer who is passionate about writing the tools to integrate and support to build large-scale, high-demand software in a fast-paced agile environment. You will share our passion for test-driven development, continuous integration and automation to produce frequent high-quality releases.
Our engineering team is fast, innovative and flexible; with a weekly release cycle and individual ownership. We expect great things from our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects, emerging technologies and the chance to be part of a company that is changing the cloud computing landscape forever.
You will get an opportunity to work in scaling our infrastructure to next generation. Our scale is already huge in running tens of thousands of tests for every commit automatically. This comes with challenges in speed by reducing compute time from days to few minutes.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- You will be part of the team that builds, maintains, and improves our highly-automated build, release and testing infrastructure.
- Scripting, tools-building, and automation are paramount to Okta Engineering; everybody automates. You will be creating and coding tools for internal use to support continuous delivery.
- Team up with Development, QA and OPS to continuously innovate and enhance our build and automation infrastructure
- You will own designing and implementing Continuous Delivery pipeline for a diverse set of projects with partners from Quality, Architecture, Engineering, and Tech Ops.
- Collaborate with peers and stake-holders to create new tools/process/technology. We use the latest technology from AWS and you can experiment, recommend, and implement new technologies in our build and CI system.
- Work with internal customers to roll-out projects and process, monitor adoption, collect feedback, and fine-tune the project to respond to internal customers’ needs.
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 5+ years of build tools, release, and automation experience with products developed in Java.
- In-depth understanding and experience with Ant, Jenkins, and Maven.
- Strong coding and scripting skills in Java, Python or Ruby or bash. Experience with git.
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills.
- Solid understanding of CI/CD release pipelines, and different technologies to implement release pipelines.
- Ability to coordinate cross-functional work towards task completion.
- Understanding of Agile methodologies is a plus.
- Good understanding of virtualization, dynamic provisioning, Docker, AWS and Linux
- B.S. Computer Science or equivalent.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work