Okta is looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager to join our User Experiences teams where you will partner with leaders from Engineering, Product Management and Design to bring our next generation of security solutions to market. Our teams work with a customer-first mindset: rapid iteration, a high degree of ownership, and lots of product experimentation, analysis, and rapid decision making.
At Okta, the Customer is the top priority for our Engineers, Product Managers and Designers. You’ll be partnering with these teams on critical initiatives that ensure world class user and admin experiences are delivered. A few examples of the programs you’ll be a part of include enhancement and adoption of the Okta Design System, providing feature life cycle leadership, globalization of the product and information development to name just a few.
The qualified candidate will not only have strong TPM experience but also Engineering process development, a history of delivering UI/UX related programs and implementation experience for scalable products working in a fast-paced environment. An individual who is self-motivated and driven and has demonstrated commitment to take accountability and responsibility for the success of large programs with ambiguity and competing priorities.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Structure and drive continuous and/or time-bound User Experience related initiatives by clarifying priorities, enabling the execution of deliverables, defining program process flows, and providing continuous transparency.
- Experience navigating interdependencies affecting complex UI/UX related projects (product and engineering alignment, engagement models, communications, and change management).
- Program manage various initiatives across multiple teams; taking a hands-on and proactive approach to manage dependencies, unblock progress, define timelines, communicate commitments, introduce efficiencies, and provide workflow solutions.
- Anticipate and mitigate risks - by having close involvement with teams’ goals and challenges, applying past experience, and keeping in mind the big picture.
- Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration, and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities
- Build and maintain alignment across multiple teams for keeping a focus on execution, continuous improvement, and operational excellence.
- Lead the introduction of new processes/workflows, to benefit Engineering teams or cross-organizational initiatives, by bringing proposed solutions to the teams and rolling them out in an iterative manner.
- Experience collaborating with and influencing the senior leadership team in situations without authority and with ambiguity.
- Exceptional communication skills, strong emotional intelligence, and the ability to tailor your message to disparate audiences.
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong technical aptitude/affinity; experience working directly with consumer-facing products and services.
- Experience working in a startup environment is desired to make the greenfield into a buildable product along with innovation and creativity applied in day to day activities.
- Kicking off and managing complex engineering integration and cross-organizational programs and scalable products, working hand-in-hand with Engineers to deliver.
- Experience partnering with Product Management, Design, and Engineering teams together to deliver customer-facing features.
- Excellent verbal and written communication; experience effectively communicating and presenting to teams located across different locations and people ranging from individual team members to C-level executives.
- Strong leadership skills; Able to independently influence and resolve conflicts with others.
- Self-starter; able to work well in an ambiguous and constantly changing, fast-paced environment.
((Colorado, New York, Washington only*) Minimum Base Salary $117,000/year + equity + benefits)
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.