At Okta, the Hybrid Access team is a small, diverse group of individuals who build software that helps today’s organizations reinforce their security perimeter by managing access to their networks, VPNs and on-prem devices. The software that we build here at the Hybrid Access team is being actively used by many of the Fortune 50/500 companies as well as various government agencies and we take pride in serving the needs of tens of millions of logins every week for tasks such as multi-factor authentication. We are aggressively growing our federal footprint and looking for an experienced software engineer to join our team and be a key part of this expansion in the Hybrid Access space.
Our elite team is fast, innovative and flexible; with a weekly, agile release cycle and individual ownership. You will help us build large scale enterprise software, and while we would love to have someone with direct experience in authentication, identity, security, policies, and access management, we would welcome someone who only has interest in breaking into the IAM domain. You will share our passion and great pride in elegant solutions and find opportunities to contribute at all levels and work with people from different groups including product management, support and quality assurance on a daily basis.
The Hybrid Access team is extremely proud of the no-blame culture that we have built here. We go above and beyond to maintain the work life balance and harmony among the culturally and geographically diverse group of engineers that work in this team. We truly believe that great teamwork yields great results and we expect you to be a team player who demonstrates empathy, kindness and passion.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Own your work end to end - this includes going through a design review, delivering the code and finally, ensuring we have the requisite monitoring and alerting in place
- Work with engineering management to scope and plan engineering efforts
- Design and implement highly scalable authentication framework and services
- Test-driven development, design and code reviews
- Interface with QA, Product Management, Technical Support, Documentation and UX team
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 5+ years of strong software development experience in an object oriented language building highly-reliable, mission-critical software, we use Java and frameworks like Hibernate and Spring Boot.
- Excellent grasp of software engineering principles
- *US Person Status (e.g. a U.S. Citizen, National, Lawful Permanent Resident, Refugee, or Asylee)
The following experience is a plus.
- Experience with Identity and Authentication protocols such as OAuth, OpenID, SAML, FIDO
- PIV or smart cards experience
- FIPS, Fedramp, IL4 certification
An overview of our tech stack:
- We use open source frameworks such as React, Hibernate and Spring Boot
- We run on best of breed infrastructure including MySQL, GitHub, Redis, Kinesis and Elasticsearch
- We make extensive use of virtualization and containers: AWS, Vagrant, Docker
- Our weekly production releases are made possible by Continuous Integration and sophisticated build, test and release automation leveraging Maven, npm, Artifactory, Chef, Ansible and the like
- We participate in the OpenSource community with the likes of https://github.com/okta/okta-auth-js
Education and Training:
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field
*This position requires the ability to access Impact Level 4 (IL4) data, as defined by the Department of Defense (DoD) Cloud Computing Security Requirements Guide. As a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate must be able to submit documentation establishing U.S. Person status (e.g. a U.S. Citizen, National, Lawful Permanent Resident, Refugee, or Asylee. 22 CFR 120.15) upon hire.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.