We are looking for an experienced software engineer to join our fast growing Hybrid Access Team. The software this team creates is enabling a world where organizations can reinforce their security perimeter by adding support for management, authorization and access to networks, VPNs, and other company wifi networks.
The ideal candidate has experience building large scale enterprise software, and while we would love to have someone with direct experience in authentication, identity, security, policies, and access management, we would welcome someone who only has interest in breaking into the IAM domain.
You will share our passion and great pride in elegant solutions. You will join an engineering team that strongly believes in designing for scale, rigorous code reviews, automated testing, and an iterative process to build high-quality next generation enterprise software.
Our elite team is fast, innovative and flexible; with a weekly, agile release cycle and individual ownership. We expect great things from our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects, emerging technologies and the chance to have significant equity in a company that is about to change the cloud computing landscape forever.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Own your work end to end - this includes going through a design review, delivering the code and finally, ensuring we have the requisite monitoring and alerting in place
- Work with engineering management to scope and plan engineering efforts
- Design and implement highly scalable authentication framework and services
- Test-driven development, design and code reviews
- Interface with QA, Product Management, Technical Support, Documentation and UX team
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 5+ years of strong software development experience in an object oriented language building highly-reliable, mission-critical software, we use Java and frameworks like Hibernate and Spring Boot.
- Excellent grasp of software engineering principles
- US Person Status (e.g. a U.S. Citizen, National, Lawful Permanent Resident, Refugee, or Asylee)*
The following experience is a plus:
- Identity and Authentication protocols such as OAuth, OpenID, SAML, FIDO
- PIV or smart cards experience
- FIPS, Fedramp, IL4 certification
An overview of our tech stack:
- We use open source frameworks such as React, Hibernate and Spring Boot
- We run on best of breed infrastructure including MySQL, GitHub, Redis, Kinesis and Elasticsearch
- We make extensive use of virtualization and containers: AWS, Vagrant, Docker
- Our weekly production releases are made possible by Continuous Integration and sophisticated build, test and release automation leveraging Maven, npm, Artifactory, Chef, Ansible and the like
- We participate in the OpenSource community with the likes of https://github.com/okta/okta-auth-js
Education and Training:
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field
*This position requires the ability to access Impact Level 4 (IL4) data, as defined by the Department of Defense (DoD) Cloud Computing Security Requirements Guide. As a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate must be able to submit documentation establishing U.S. Person status (e.g. a U.S. Citizen, National, Lawful Permanent Resident, Refugee, or Asylee. 22 CFR 120.15) upon hire.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.