Okta is an enterprise grade identity management service, built from the ground up in the cloud and delivered with an unwavering focus on customer success. With Okta IT can manage access across any application, person or device. Whether the people are employees, partners or customers or the applications are in the cloud, on premises or on a mobile device, Okta helps IT become more secure, make people more productive, and maintain compliance.
The Okta service provides directory services, single sign-on, strong authentication, provisioning, workflow, and built in reporting. It runs in the cloud on a secure, reliable, extensively audited platform and integrates deeply with on premises applications, directories, and identity management systems.
We are looking for an engaging individual to join our site reliability engineering (SRE) team and build upon a highly diverse platform, applying software engineering principles to automate the Okta Workflow micro-service ecosystem while promoting insight and transparency into each service. If you’re excited to play with new technologies and improve existing systems while working with a team of passionate engineers, this is the job and the company for you.
This is a full-time position with a primary focus on engineering systems orchestration and management. You should be comfortable with a wide range of technologies, have an interest in Kubernetes and Container orchestration, and be passionate about crafting solutions for a globally distributed platform using software engineering best practices.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to Okta Workflow Kubernetes-oriented orchestration.
- Manage production and developer environments spanning multiple cloud platforms.
- Develop testing, monitoring, and insight toolsets and frameworks.
- Improve environment visibility and management in a repeatable and automatable way.
- Collaborate with all engineering teams to improve overall product health and reliability.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong motivation to improve service ecosystems by the application of engineering principles.
- 2+ years’ experience in a software engineering role.
- Deep understanding of Linux and containers (e.g cgroups, jails, and the like).
- Experience with container-based orchestration platforms: Kubernetes, Swarm, OpenShift, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Electrical Engineering or comparable work experience.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work