At Okta, we’re always innovating across the entire identity landscape, and our customers are always asking to do more with us. As the pace of change in the cloud continues, the ability to move fast is a competitive advantage. To fuel this continuous innovation, Okta has created an incubator program called OktaX, building and nurturing new brands, products, and businesses from the ground up. These projects are given the freedom and flexibility to build independently like a startup, with the stability and support of the larger Okta organization – the best of both worlds!
IAM Pulse is the inaugural team within the OktaX incubator program, laser focused on making cloud security simple and accessible for practitioners. With such a grand vision, we’re looking to assemble an amazing team of strategic go-getters with a relentless focus on execution.
As the first Site Reliability Engineer on the team, you will lead the technical & security architecture for our distributed cloud platform running on AWS, designing for availability, resilience, performance, and security. You’ll be joining an Engineering team preparing to launch a product to production. This is a unique opportunity to get in at the ground level for a highly visible and expansive career opportunity, with an incredible support system in the Okta organization.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Use your understanding of AWS and the Well Architected Framework to design & implement a multi-account AWS Organization strategy
- Use your experience operating distributed systems to design & implement a highly available cloud platform to support various data plane & control plane components
- Build and maintain Terraform modules for production infrastructure, and the supporting deployment pipelines
- Instrument tooling for infrastructure logging, monitoring, and analytics
- Implement a status page system with policies & procedures
- Document the platform technical architecture, with a feasible shared on-call support model
Expected Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proven experience working hands-on in a security and/or operational role within a production AWS environment
- Knowledge of the AWS Well Architected Framework, and practical experience designing multi-account AWS Organizations
- Proven experience building & maintaining Infrastructure as Code using Terraform or equivalent
- Fundamental understanding of AWS IAM services, and the entities & relationships they represent
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as Python, and using CLIs and cloud APIs
- Advanced certifications in AWS
- Experience working with Linux systems
- Experience working with sensitive data
- Programming experience in a high-level typed language such as Rust, Java, C++, Go, Typescript, or equivalent
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.