We are building the next generation of analytics data platforms to support online and offline analytics reporting for our customers. For this role, we are looking for an experienced Site Reliability Engineer who has a passion for running Analytics at scale.
Qualifications for the role:
What you’ll do:
- 3+ years of experience automating and deploying large scale production reporting services in AWS (EC2, ECS, KMS, Kinesis, Redshift, RDS) or another cloud provider.
- 3+ years of experience scripting for operational tooling in Bash, Ruby, Python, Go, or something similar.
- 2+ years of experience writing infrastructure as code using tools such as Chef and Terraform.
- You have an interest and working knowledge of data warehousing solutions such as AWS Redshift or Snowflake, as well as relational databases such as Postgres or Aurora.
- You have an understanding of AWS networking services and you have experience creating VPCs, managing IAM service permissions, and locking down networking across AWS resources.
- You possess strong Linux fundamentals, and are comfortable managing large fleets and clusters of Linux hosts.
Education and Training:
- Design, build, and deploy Okta's production infrastructure with a focus on our next-generation analytics and reporting services.
- Promote and apply best practices for building scalable and reliable services across engineering.
- Identify and automate manual processes.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation, runbooks, and procedures.
- Support a 24x7 online environment as part of an on-call rotation.
B.S. Computer Science (plus) or relevant experience
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.