At Okta our motto is "Always On", and nowhere do we embrace that more than in Technical Operations. We strive to build the most reliable and performant systems on the planet through the skillful use of automation. If you like to be challenged and have a passion for solving problems at scale with automation, testing and tuning then we would love to hear from you. The ideal candidate is someone who exemplifies the ethics of, “If you have to do something more than once, automate it,” and who can rapidly self-educate on new concepts and tools.
For this role we are looking for experienced individuals who have a passion for infrastructure as code at large scale.
You will work on:
- Designing, building and deploying Okta's production infrastructure with a focus on orchestration and cloud provisioning at scale
- Promoting and applying best practices for building scalable and reliable services across engineering
- Identifying and automating manual processes
- Developing and maintaining technical documentation, runbooks, and procedures
- Supporting a 24x7 online environment as part of an on-call rotation
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- Have experience automating and deploying large scale production services in AWS (EC2, ECS, IAM, KMS, Kinesis, RDS)
- Have experience writing infrastructure as code using tools such as Chef and Terraform
- Understand Docker/Kubernetes and container infrastructure
- Have strong Linux and networking fundamentals
- Prefer scripting for operational tooling in Bash, Ruby, Python, Go or similar
Education and Training:
- B.S. Computer Science (plus) or relevant experience
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 7,400 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.