At Okta our motto is "Always On", and nowhere do we embrace that more than in Technical Operations. We strive to build the most reliable and performant systems on the planet through the skillful use of automation. We've created an integrated system that securely connects any person via any device to the technologies they need to do their most significant work.
If you like to be challenged and have a passion for solving problems at scale with automation, testing and tuning, then we would love to hear from you. The ideal candidate is someone who exemplifies the ethics of, “If you have to do something more than once, automate it,” and who can rapidly self-educate on new concepts and tools.
- Design, build, and monitor Okta's production infrastructure
- Respond to production incidents and determine a preventive solution
- Troubleshoot complex reliability and performance issues
- Automate manual processes, evolve our monitoring tools, and develop technical documentation
- Support a highly available online environment as part of an on-call rotation once per quarter
Qualifications & Requirements
- Due to federal data handling requirements, candidate must be a US Citizen
- Computer Science (plus) or relevant experience
- Background with Linux systems administration and strong scripting skills in Bash, Ruby, Python, Go, etc.
- Experience supporting Docker containers and web applications running on Java / Apache / Tomcat in a live production environment
- Strong expertise with production services in AWS such as EC2, ECS, KMS, Kinesis, CloudWatch
- Previous experience with automating systems and infrastructure via Ansible, Chef or Terraform
- Solid understanding of networking concepts and IP protocols
- Background using and supporting Splunk, Zabbix, or related tools
- Experience working in a source controlled environment with Relational Databases, such as MySQL
- Knowledge of NoSQL systems such as Redis, Cassandra is desired
Okta is an active, vibrant place that rewards creativity and unconventional thinking. We know that forging new connections between people and technology is no small feat, so we stick together. We work hard and challenge each other. We offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation, career growth opportunities, flexible time-off, catered lunches / free snacks, and much more!
- We believe that work is a never-ending process of learning and iteration.
- We work on extremely complex problems.
- Your colleagues will be really smart (and cool to hang out with).
- We work on products that make millions of people's work lives better.
- We're funded by the industry's most respected investors.
- You'll have the opportunity to change technology forever.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work