Site Reliability Engineer Intern- USA
Role Location: San Jose, CA Bellevue, WA
Position Description: We are looking for University students pursuing a Computer Science degree who are interested in a 2020 Summer Internship and that are passionate about building large-scale, mission-critical software in a fast-paced agile environment. The ideal candidate will share our passion and pride in deploying mission critical systems at scale and have an interest in solving one of a kind problems.
We are looking for dynamic and collaborative software engineering interns to join the Site Reliability team. We also have opportunities across a wide range of areas within our engineering organization.
Our elite team is fast, innovative and flexible; with a weekly release cycle and individual ownership we expect great things from all of our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects, emerging technologies and the chance to have significant impact in a company that is changing the cloud computing landscape forever. We have offices in San Francisco's SoMa district, downtown San Jose as well as Bellevue, Washington.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement features in a Scrum/Agile environment
- Design and deploy high-performance, scalable software features
- Design, test and deploy production code
- Interface with QA, Product Management, Technical Support,
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Interest in operating systems, containers and deploying highly-reliable, mission-critical software at scale.
- Ability to program in at least one programming language (e.g. Java, python, ruby)
- Ability to administer a Linux operating system
- Knowledge of RDBMs’, NoSQL databases, Containers or Application Servers (experience in one or more preferred)
- Understanding of networking, encryption, authentication and authorization
- Experience using with a cloud web service and its API (AWS/GCP)
- Nice to have: past summer internship experience, ideally in enterprise software companies
Education and Training: (In progress) B.S., MS, or PhD in Computer Science or related field
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 7,400 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.