At Okta our motto is "Always On", and nowhere do we embrace that more than in Technical Operations. We strive to build the most reliable and performant systems on the planet through the skilful use of automation. If you like to be challenged and have a passion for solving problems at scale with automation, testing and tuning then we would love to hear from you. The ideal candidate is someone who exemplifies the ethics of, “If you have to do something more than once, automate it,” and who can rapidly self-educate on new concepts and tools.
You will work on:
- Designing, building, running, and monitoring Okta's production infrastructure
- Providing guidance on creating new container applications and migrating existing applications to containers
- Driving initiatives to evolve our current platform to increase efficiency and keep it in line with current standards and best practices
- Responding to production incidents and determining how we can prevent them in the future
- Triaging and troubleshooting complex production issues to ensure reliability and performance
- Identifying and automating manual processes
- Continuously evolving our monitoring tools and platform
- Promoting and applying best practices for building scalable and reliable services across engineering
- Developing and maintaining technical documentation, runbooks, and procedures
Supporting a 24x7 online environment as part of an on-call rotation
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- Have a track record of leading successful SRE/Devops projects
- Can go into depth on topics such as scaling, networking, monitoring and security of containers in production.
- Have extensive experience building scalable platforms leveraging containers in a production environment. Experience with Java/Tomcat and AWS based solutions a big plus.
- Have experience with logging and telemetry services.
- Have experience automating and running large scale production services in AWS or other cloud providers
- Are able to code to a good standard with any programming language, but especially Ruby, Python or Go, using source control and Agile methodologies
- Have experience writing infrastructure as code using tools such as Terraform.
A solid understanding of configuration management principles and tools such as Chef.
- Good knowledge of NoSQL cluster data stores such as MySQL, Redis, Cassandra or Elasticsearch.
- Understanding of CI/CD principles, Linux fundamentals, networking concepts and IP protocols
Education and Training:
- B.S. Computer Science (plus) or relevant experience
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.