Okta is seeking a Site Reliability Manager (SRE) to lead our Core SRE team.
At Okta our motto is "Always On", and nowhere do we embrace that more than in Technical Operations. We strive to build the most reliable and performant systems on the planet through the skillful use of automation. We've created an integrated system that securely connects any person via any device to the technologies they need to do their most significant work.
The Core SRE team is in the center of our growing production services at Okta. Your team works directly with TPM/QA and Engineering to automate AWS services across the world. The team also leads our edge networking services and plays a key role in a number of new projects
The ideal candidate:
- Has a track record of leading or managing high performing teams whilst still being hands-on.
- Has production experience with AWS cloud-based infrastructure.
- Has operated complex custom applications on UNIX/Linux and/or Enterprise Java platforms
- Is passionate about automation and leveraging agile software development methodologies to deliver automation
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mentor and manage a team of experienced engineers using agile development
- Partner with recruiting to hire staff in our HQ and remote sites
- Manage and own delivery of new infrastructure components:
- Collaborate with TPM, architects and executive management
- Design and code reviews
- Partner with Okta security teams.
- Continuously refine monitoring processes, thresholds, and configuration
- Respond to issues and escalations and participate in a management on-call rotation
- Work closely with product developers to ensure new features have the proper operational support and maintainability
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrate a track record of leading or managing a team
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and knowledge of AWS networking technologies (VPC/ELB/WAF)
- Experience with managing Linux Systems in production.
- Proficient in at least one scripting language (bash, Perl, Ruby, Python)
- Experience supporting a complex, multi-tier service running in the cloud
- Prior experience in software development, DevOps role, or SRE role
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 8,400 organizations, including JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.
Identity is at the core of everything we do. And to us at Okta, that doesn’t just mean securing the identities of our customers, but also celebrating the identities of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our vision is to nurture a culture of inclusion and belonging while we create balanced teams to fuel innovation and collective growth.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.