Okta is seeking a Site Reliability Manager (SRE) to lead our Microservices and Container team.
This is an exciting time at Okta. As our company grows we are investing heavily in new self-healing services, containerization and next generation automation.
The ideal candidate:
- Has a track record of leading or managing high performing teams whilst still being hands-on.
- Has experience in production quality containers on cloud-based infrastructure such as Amazon Web Services
- Has operated complex custom applications on UNIX/Linux and/or Enterprise Java platforms
- Is passionate about automation and leveraging agile software development methodologies to deliver automation
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mentor and manage a team of experienced engineers using agile development
- Partner with recruiting to hire staff in our HQ and remote sites
- Manage and own delivery of new infrastructure components:
- Collaborate with TPM, architects and executive management
- Design and code reviews
- Partner with Okta security teams.
- Continuously refine monitoring processes, thresholds, and configuration
- Respond to issues and escalations and participate in a management on-call rotation
- Work closely with product developers to ensure new features have the proper operational support and maintainability
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrate a track record of leading or managing a team
- Experience with microservices and container services such as Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience with managing Linux Systems in production.
- Proficient in at least one scripting language (bash, Perl, Ruby, Python)
- Experience operating and troubleshooting a complex, multi-tier service running in the cloud
- Prior experience in software development, DevOps role, or SRE role
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work