Okta is an enterprise grade identity management service, built from the ground up in the cloud and delivered with an unwavering focus on customer success. With Okta IT can manage access across any application, person or device. Whether the people are employees, partners or customers or the applications are in the cloud, on premises or on a mobile device, Okta helps IT become more secure, make people more productive, and maintain compliance.
The Okta service provides directory services, single sign-on, strong authentication, provisioning, workflow, and built-in reporting. It runs in the cloud on a secure, reliable, extensively audited platform and integrates deeply with on premises applications, directories, and identity management systems.
We are looking for an experienced and highly technical software architect to join the Identity Experience team. The team is responsible for building the Okta Identity Engine and creating a customizable platform that allows Okta’s customers to configure and brand our out-of-the-box product and make it their own. We are looking for smart, innovative and passionate engineers to join the team and lead the technical path of the future of Identity Management in the era of cloud.
You will share our passion and great pride in elegant solutions and will join an engineering team that strongly believes in designing for scale, rigorous code reviews, automated testing, and an iterative process to build high-quality next generation enterprise software. Identity is deeply important and providing a platform for customers to secure their applications is one of your passions.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Help drive the long-term architecture of our Identity Management platform
- Translate product and market requirements into designs that align with mid and long-term goals for the product and technology evolution
- Design, implement, review and troubleshoot highly scalable software
- Foster, enable and promote innovation
- Analyze/Refine Requirements with Product Management
- Work with engineering management to scope and plan engineering efforts
- Test-driven development, design and code reviews
- Collaborate with QA, Product Management, Technical Support, Documentation and UX team
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 15+ years of backend software development experience building highly reliable, mission-critical software
- Deep knowledge of Identity and Access Management protocols and technologies: OAuth, OpenID Connect, SAML, Federation, SSO, etc.
- Experience with server-side technologies including caching, asynchronous processing, and multi-threading
- Experience working in Security, Cryptography, or Authn & Authz
- Experience with Java
- Experience designing and implementing REST APIs
- Solid grasp of software engineering principles and practices
- Experience in TDD
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 8,400 organizations, including JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.
Identity is at the core of everything we do. And to us at Okta, that doesn’t just mean securing the identities of our customers, but also celebrating the identities of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our vision is to nurture a culture of inclusion and belonging while we create balanced teams to fuel innovation and collective growth.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.