Okta provides an incredible career path and growth opportunities. Contextual Access Management Business is a relatively new strategic addition to Okta. It has a startup feel with many big decisions still to be made. If you are looking to work in fun and fast-paced environment that rewards unique thought and execution this could be a great opportunity for you.
Our innovative suite of solutions allows Enterprise applications to leverage multiple factors/signals, from the device security posture to user's identities. We intend to build the next generation access management experience on Windows platform that leverages on the foundations of Windows Hello and other cryptographic providers on Windows.
This is a high visible position with significant impact to Okta’s access management business strategy. An ideal person in this position will lay down the foundations leveraging his/her end-point security experience to make access-management seamless on Windows.
We are looking for a hands-on architect with deep expertise on the Windows platform. He / She has ideally shipped enterprise software on the Windows platform preferably involving identity or end-point security.
This is a technical leadership position, you will be involved in all aspects of product development lifecycle – requirements discussion/analysis, design, scope estimation, planning, implementation, code reviews and unit testing, documentation, POCs, deployment and continuous engineering.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead, define, and articulate the Windows end-point technical vision & strategy.
- Create unique technology differentiator for Okta’s access management solution on Windows & Mac.
- Be a resident subject-matter-expert on end-point system software development on Windows.
- Create and review technical designs and proposals.
- Create an innovation pipe-line and serve as a role-model for others.
- Work in collaboration with product management for analysis, estimation & scoping of the technology roadmap.
- Interface with QA, Product Management, Technical Support, Documentation and UX
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong development skills on the Windows platform including both desktop & web applications.
- Experience designing and shipping large-scale enterprise software on Windows preferably with a security focus.
- Expertise in native code (C++) development on Windows. Solid understanding of credential providers, Windows Security model and Windows internals.
- Hands-on in C++, C# and/or Java. Loves to write and review code. Is comfortable writing agent-based software as well as web-services.
- Understanding of Identity and Access Management protocols and architecture (FIDO, U2F, Web-Auth, SSO, SAML, OAuth, Federation, etc.) is desirable.
- Familiarity with Windows Hello and authentication protocols in the Windows enterprise system is a plus.
- Good understanding of design-patterns and object-oriented design.
- Knowledge and experience of MAC OS and Objective-C is desirable.
- Experience working in Agile software development team leveraging continuous integration and deployment practices.
- Java web development experience a plus
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 10+ years of software development experience. At least 2 years’ experience architecting & design enterprise software on Windows.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Individuals seeking employment at this company are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities1. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp.
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.