We are looking for a Software engineer who is passionate about writing the tools to integrate and support to build large-scale, high-demand software in a fast-paced agile environment. You will share our passion for test-driven development, continuous integration and automation to produce frequent high-quality releases.
Our engineering team is fast, innovative and flexible; with a weekly release cycle and individual ownership. We expect great things from our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects, emerging technologies and the chance to be part of a company that is changing the cloud computing landscape forever.
You will get an opportunity to work in scaling our infrastructure to next generation. Our scale is already huge in running tens of thousands of tests for every commit automatically. This comes with challenges in speed by reducing compute time from days to few minutes.
- You will be part of the team that builds, maintains, and improves our highly-automated build, release and testing infrastructure.
- Scripting, tools-building, and automation are paramount to Okta Engineering; everybody automates. You will be creating and coding tools for for internal use to support continuous delivery.
- Team up with Development, QA and OPS to continuously innovate and enhance our build and automation infrastructure
- Collaborate with peers and stake-holders to create new tools/process/technology. We use the latest technology from AWS and you can experiment, recommend, and implement new technologies in our build and CI system.
- Work with internal customers to roll-out projects and process, monitor adoption, collect feedback, and fine-tune the project to respond to internal customers’ needs.
- 2+ years of developing software
- Experience using React in scalable, high-performance applications
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing priorities and requirements
- Ability to coordinate cross-functional work towards task completion.
- Understanding of Agile methodologies a plus.
- Good understanding of virtualization, dynamic provisioning, Docker, AWS and Linux
- B.S. Computer Science or equivalent.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 7,950 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.