Okta is an enterprise grade identity management service, built from the ground up in the cloud and delivered with an unwavering focus on customer success. With Okta IT can manage access across any application, person or device. Whether the people are employees, partners or customers or the applications are in the cloud, on premises or on a mobile device, Okta helps IT become more secure, make people more productive, and maintain compliance.
The Okta service provides directory services, single sign-on, strong authentication, provisioning, workflow, and built in reporting. It runs in the cloud on a secure, reliable, extensively audited platform and integrates deeply with on premises applications, directories, and identity management systems.
Okta is seeking a highly technical and experienced Senior Software Engineer to join a new team of engineers working on the Okta Access Gateway product.
Okta Access Gateway solves the hybrid IT access problem for enterprises, connecting on-premises applications shipped from enterprise software vendors along with custom-built, on-premises applications to the Okta Identity Cloud. Okta Access Gateway is a proxy that can be deployed in a customer’s datacenter or on top of IDaaS providers. Okta Access Gateway provides all the same authentication techniques, risk profiles, conditional access policies that can be applied to SaaS applications to on-premises applications from vendors such as Oracle, IBM, SAP and Microsoft.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and develop new features for Okta’s Access Gateway product utilizing Java/C/C++
- Lead the effort to diagnose and troubleshoot customer escalations utilizing Operating System level tools such as vmstat, uptime, dmesg and application tools such as JProfiler and VisualVM
- Implement unit, functional and integration tests for new features utilizing test frameworks such as Junit, and Selenium
- Release patches and version upgrades remotely for Virtual Machines running in customer data centers
- Maintain and enhance the Continuous Integration(based on Jenkins and Docker) build system to facilitate releasing new features and patches on a regular basis
- Participate in high-level design and code reviews for features developed in Java/C/C++
- Partner with QA, Product Management, Technical Support, Documentation and UX teams
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 5+ years experience working in development and/or support roles in Software Engineering
- 5+ years programming experience with Java/C/C++ utilizing Computer Science fundamentals and concepts involving Data Structures, and Algorithms
- 3+ years of experience with deploying, configuring and maintaining software on Amazon Webservices Stack(Elastic Cloud Compute instances, Security Groups; Auto-scaling groups)
- 3+ years experience working on enterprise software systems such as Oracle PeopleSoft, E-business suite, Microsoft SharePoint, Outlook Web Access
- 3+ years of experience working with proxy servers, preferably with nginx
- 3+ years of experience working in Identity Security Domain utilizing protocols such as Single Sign On(SSO), Security Assertion Markup Language(SAML), OAuth, OpenID Connect(OIDC), System for Cross-Domain Identity Management(SCIM)
- 3+ year experience working in an Agile software development teams leveraging continuous integration and deployment practices
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work