The Okta Integration Network provides single-sign-on, user management, and mobile integrations to over 5,000 cloud services, such as G Suite, Workday, Salesforce, Jira, Confluence, GitHub and Box.
We are looking for a seasoned developer for our most advanced integrations who will play a part in crafting the next generation integrations architecture and also help build the platform that enables a community of in-house developers, customers, and partners to rapidly and securely build, share, and monitor integrations. You will get an opportunity to solve hard Engineering problems arising from increased customer adoption of our most widely used and deployed integrations, while also coming up with innovative solutions to a complex set of use cases for enterprises, on-premises and in the cloud. All of this occurs at massive scale – Okta’s growth has been astronomical and scaling these integrations for larger and larger customers is one of our biggest challenges. We are looking for smart, creative and passionate engineers to join the team and help craft the future of Identity Management.
Our elite team is fast, innovative and flexible; with a weekly release cycle and individual ownership we expect great things from our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects, emerging technologies and the chance to have significant equity in a company that is about to change the cloud computing landscape forever.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze/Refine Requirements with Product Management
- Work with engineering management to scope and plan engineering efforts
- Design and implement core, high-performance, scalable and reliable cloud integration infrastructure components.
- Test-driven development, design and code reviews
- Interface with QA, Technical Support, Documentation and UX teams
- 3+ years experience with advanced Java or other strongly typed language
- Solid grasp of software engineering principles and practices
- Understanding and appreciation for TDD
- Experience building integrations with REST, SOAP APIs.
- Experience building a provisioning platform or developing SCIM implementations or other user provisioning API's highly desirable
- Experience or willingness to work with a team of offshore developers is highly desirable
- Experience with a few of: Spring, Redis, REST, Maven, EC2, Memcached, MySQL and Tomcat desirable.
- Experience developing integration infrastructure or cloud service brokers highly desirable
- Experience working on low latency, concurrent and mission critical environments desirable
- Experience with Active Directory or other directory services a plus
- Knowledge of network security, encryption, authentication and authorization a plus
Education and Training:
- B.S., M.S. or PhD in Computer Science or related field
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.