The Advanced Server Access team joined Okta through the acquisition of ScaleFT, a startup building Zero Trust infrastructure tools, over the summer. We’re hard at work on our product which offers companies a better way to manage access to infrastructure. Our stack is mostly Go, combined with Postgres, Kafka, Cassandra and more.
We are looking for an experienced software engineer who is passionate about security, availability and scale to join our fast moving team.
The ideal candidate is an engineering generalist, who excels at understanding complex problems and working with the systems, teams and tools needed to deliver a great experience to our customers.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing backend software in Go
- Developing cross-platform agents for servers and endpoint devices
- Working with Postgres, Kafka, Cassandra and AWS
- Utilizing gRPC for service-to-service communication
- Working with cryptography libraries
- Occasionally jumping in on anything from native client UIs to our CI pipeline
- Supporting a large scale production SaaS
- Shipping every day
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 5+ years of software development experience in an object oriented language
- Experience developing SaaS software in a cloud environment
- Experience working closely with operations teams to deploy and support software
- Understanding of internet infrastructure: DNS, TCP, TLS, HTTP, etc
- Experience working with Go
- Fascination with distributed systems
- Background in infrastructure or security
- Experience building lightweight software agents, or the infrastructure to support them
- Experience building microservices or working with Kubernetes
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work