Okta is an enterprise grade identity management service, built from the ground up in the cloud and delivered with an unwavering focus on customer success. With Okta IT can manage access across any application, person or device. Whether the people are employees, partners or customers or the applications are in the cloud, on premises or on a mobile device, Okta helps IT become more secure, make people more productive, and maintain compliance.
The Okta service provides directory services, single sign-on, strong authentication, provisioning, workflow, and built in reporting. It runs in the cloud on a secure, reliable, extensively audited platform and integrates deeply with on premises applications, directories, and identity management systems.
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to join our fast growing team to build cutting-edge Zero Trust and Adaptive Authentication services. The ideal candidate is passionate about authentication, security, has experience building large scale enterprise software, and has direct experience in authentication, identity, security, or in building complex rule-based systems for authorization.
You will share our passion and great pride in elegant solutions and will join an engineering team that strongly believes in designing for scale, rigorous code reviews, automated testing, and an iterative process to build high-quality next generation enterprise software.
Our elite team is fast, innovative and flexible; with a weekly, agile release cycle and individual ownership. We expect great things from our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects, emerging technologies and the chance to have significant equity in a company that is about to change the cloud computing landscape forever.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze/Refine Requirements with Product Management
- Work with engineering management to scope and plan engineering efforts
- Design and implement highly scalable authentication framework and services
- Test-driven development, design and code review
- Interface with QA, Product Management, Technical Support, Documentation and UX team
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 7+ years of strong software development experience in an object oriented language building highly-reliable, mission-critical software
- Expertise in creating or extending complex rule systems
- Excellent grasp of software engineering principles
- Experience with multi-factor authentication a plus
- Experience in cloud security, identity and/or authentication protocols highly desired
- Experience with machine learning a plus
Education and Training
B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work